- Recent News
- P. S. Mukherjee is elected as a fellow of the Indian Academy of Science (FASc).
- Congratulation to our former group member Dr. Bijnaneswar Mondal , who has been appointed as Assistant Professor in Guru Ghasidas University (Bilaspur, India)
- Congratulation to our former group member Dr. Aniket Chowdhury, who has been appointed as Assistant Professor of Industrial Chemistry at Mizoram University (Aizawl, India).
- Congratulation to our former group member Dr. Koushik Acharyya, who has joined as Assistant Scientific Manager at Biocon.
- Congratulation to our former lab member Dr. Arun Kumar Bar, who has been appointed as Assistant Professor in IISER Tirupati (Andhra Pradesh, India).
- Congratulation to our former lab member Dr. Sankarasekaran Shanmugaraju, who has been appointed as Assistant Professor in IIT Palakkad (Kerala, India).
- P. S. Mukherjee has received the Despande National Prize.
- P. S. Mukherjee joined the Editorial Advisory Board of Inorganic Chimica Acta (Elsevier Journal).
- Inorganic Chemistry in India.
- Prodip Howlader from Prof. P. S. Mukherjee'sgroup has been selected for the Bristol-Myers-Squibb Fellowship 2016.
- P. S. Mukherjee has been selected for the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize in Chemistry for the year 2016.
- Prof. P. S. Mukherjee is now an Editorial Advisory Board Member of Inorganic Chemistry Frontiers, a journal published by the Royal Society of Chemistry (U.K.).
- Prof. P. S. Mukherjee is now an Associate Editor of Inorganic Chemistry, a journal published by the American Chemical Society.
- Aniket Chowdhury's paper in Chemistry A European Journal has been recently accepted as 'Hot' paper.
- PSM has been invited to join the Editorial Advisory Board of Inorganic
Chemistry (A journal published by the American Chemical Society).
- PSM has been selected for the Bronze Medal of CRSI-India for the year
- November 2014: PSM was admitted as a fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry, UK.
- June 2014: Prof. P. S. Mukherjee has joined the editorial board Of Scientific Reports, a journal of the Nature Publishing Group.
- April 2014: Dipak Samanta has successfully completed his PhD thesis colloquium.
- April 2014: Bappaditya Gole has successfully completed his PhD thesis colloquium.
- October 2013: Dr. Shanmugaraju has been selected for Newton International Fellowship─2013 to work at School of Chemistry, University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom.
- July 2013: Dr. Shanmugaraju has been selected for Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship─2013 to work at Trinity College Dublin, University of Dublin, Ireland.
- Dr. Shanmugaraju has been awarded the "Prof. S. Soundararajan Medal (Inorganic chemistry)" for the academic year 2012-13 of the institute.
- Article on picric acid sensors by Dipak Samanta and P. S. Mukherjee in Dalton Trans. (2013) featured in an RSC blog.
- Prof. Partha Sarathi Mukherjee has been selected for NASI-SCOPUS young scientist award in Chemistry.
- P. S. Mukherjee has been selected as Young Affiliate of the Third World Academy of Science (TWAS) in 2011.
- P. S. Mukherjee has been selected for the young scientist award of the Indian Society for Chemists and Biologists (ISCB) for the year 2011.
- Arun Bar has received poster award in an international conference "Frontiers in inorganic chemistry" held in Kolkata, December-2010.
- November 2010: Sushobhan has been selected for Alexander von Humboldt fellowship.
- September 2010: Oindrila Sengupta has successfully completed her PhD thesis colloquium.
- August 2010: Sushobhan has been selected for prestigious Newton Fellowship.
- February 2010: Arun K. Bar has received best poster award in CRSI meeting held in Hyderabad.
- December 2009: P. S. Mukherjee has been invited as a visiting professor for two months to visit University of Ulsan, Korea.
- November 2009: Sushobhan Ghosh has been awarded PhD degree.
- May 2009: P. S. Mukherjee has been selected as IUPAC young observer from India.
- April 2009: Sushobhan Ghosh has successfully completed his thesis colloquium.
- December 2008: Our work on Porphyrin based nano-barrel (Angew Chem. 2008, 8455) has been highlighted in "Asia Materials" (a Nature group journal) by the Editor of Nature Chemistry Dr. Stuart Cantrill.
- November 2008: P. S. Mukherjee has been selected for the Microsoft Research outstanding young faculty award.
- October 2008: Our work on nitroaromatic sensing by organometallic (Organometallics, 2008, 316) cage has been highlighted in a daily newspaper "The Telegraph".
- September 2008: S. Shanmugamraju has been selected to visit University of Neuchatel, Switzerland under Indo-Swiss joint programme.
- July 2008: Our paper on molecular sensor for explosives detection (Organometallics, 2008, 316) has been selected as one of the top ten papers in Organometallics in the first quarter of 2008.
- April 2008: P. S. Mukherjee has been selected for INSA medal for young scientists.
- December 2007: Kartic Mondal has received best poster award in MTIC held in IIT-Madras.
- July 2007: P. S. Mukherjee has been selected as young associate of the Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore.
* P. S. Mukherjee has received the Despande National Prize.
*Dr. Shanmugaraju has been awarded the "Prof. S. Soundararajan Medal (Inorganic chemistry)" for the academic year 2012-13 of the institute.
* 2012 Swarnajayanti Fellowship in Chemical Sciences from the DST, Govt. of India
* 2012 NASI-SCOPUS Young Scientist Award-2011 in Chemistry
* 2011 Young Affiliate fellowship of the Third World Academy of Science (TWAS), Trieste
* 2010 Visiting Professorship from Ulsan University, Korea for two months
* 2009 IUPAC Young Scientist award
* 2008 Microsoft Research (MSR) India Outstanding Young Faculty Award
* 2008 Indian National Science Academy Medal for the Young Scientists
* 2007 Young Associate of the Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore
* 2004 Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship, Bonn, Germany.
* 2004 Marie-Curie International Fellowship (selected).
* 1997 National Merit Scholarship for the performance at undergraduate level.
Poster awards by group members-
1) A poster by Soumalya Bhattacharyya and P. S. Mukherjee on "Multifunctional Self-Assembled Macrocycles with Enhanced Emission and Reversible Photochromic Behaviour" was selected for the best poster award in the 18th Conference on Modern Trends in Inorganic Chemistry (MTIC-XVII) held in IIT Guwahati, India on December 2019.
2) A poster by Prodip Howlader and P. S. Mukherjee on "Self-assembly of Pd12 homo-chiral nano-cages with polytetrazole linkers and their self-sorting" was selected for the best poster award in the 24th Congress and General Assembly of the International Union of Crystallography, Hyderabad, August 2017.
3) A poster on “functional discrete supramolecules” by S. Shanmugamraju and P. S. Mukherjee was selected for poster award in 13thCRSI annual meeting held in
Bhuvaneswar, Feb 2011.
4) A poster by A. K. Bar and P. S. Mukherjee on “Self-sorting in coordination self-assembly” was selected for poster award in an international conference “Frontiers in inorganic chemistry” held in Kolkata, Dec 2010.
5) A poster by A. K. Bar and P. S. Mukherjee on “Porphyrin functionalized molecular barrels” was selected for best poster award in the annual meeting of CRSI, India, in Feb 2009.
6) A poster by K. C. Mondal and P. S. Mukherjee on “Mn 9 single molecule magnets” was selected for best poster award in “Modern Trends in Inorganic Chemistry conference” held in Dec 2007 at IIT-Chennai.