Welcome to PSM's Research Group
P S Mukherjee
Inorganic and Physical Chemistry Department,
Indian Institute of Science,
Bangalore-560012, Karnataka, India.
Tel. No.- +91-80-2293-3352
Supramolecular and Organometallic Materials, Organic nano structures, Molecular sensors and Catalysis in nanocages.
1. 21 years inorganic chemistry research in academia.
2. 16 years teaching experience in chemistry at honours/PG level.
3. Co-authored 185 publications in peer-reviewed journals.
4. Delivered over 200 lectures (invited, plenary, keynote and institute/departmental colloquia) in India and abroad.
Doctor of Philosophy (Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Kolkata, India)
MSc. (Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India)
BSc. (Burdwan University, India).
Enthusiastic PhD graduates with good publication record in the field of Covalent Organic Frameworks, Supramolecular Catalysis, Organic Catalysis and Organic Materials can apply via mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selected Publications :
Guest-Induced Enantioselective Self-Assembly of a Pd6 Homochiral Octahedral Cage with a C3-Symmetric Pyridyl Donor.
P. Howlader, S. Mondal, S. Ahmed, P. S. Mukherjee
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2020, 142 , 20968.
- Self-Assembled Pd12 Coordination Cage as Photoregulated Oxidase-Like Nanozyme.
S. Bhattacharyya, S. R. Ali, M. Venkateswarulu, P. Howlader, E. Zangrando, M. De, P. S. Mukherjee
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2020, 142 , 18981.
- Nucleation of Tiny Silver Nanoparticles by Using a Tetrafacial Organic Molecular Barrel: Potential Use in Visible‐Light‐Triggered Photocatalysis.
B. Mondal, P. Bhandari, P. S. Mukherjee
Chem. Eur. J. 2020, 26 , 15007.
Featured on JACS front cover
Self-Assembly of Enantiopure Pd12 Tetrahedral Homochiral Nano-Cages with Tetrazole Linkers and Chiral Recognition.
P. Howlader, E. Zangrando and P. S. Mukherjee
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2020 , 142, 9070.
- Self-Assembled Fluorescent Pt(II) Metallacycles as Artificial Light-Harvesting Systems.
K. Acharyya, S. Bhattacharyya, H. Sepehrpour, S. Chakraborty, S. Lu, B. Shi. X. Li, P. S. Mukherjee and P. J. Stang
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2019, 141, 14565.
- Unusual Behaviour of Donor-Acceptor Stenhouse Adducts (DASA) in Confined Space of a Water Soluble PdII8 Molecular Vessel.
R. Saha, A. Devaraj, S. Bhattacharyya, S. Das, E. Zangrando and P. S. Mukherjee
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2019, 141, 8638.
- Organic Imine Cages: Molecular Marriage and Applications.
K. Acharyya, and P. S. Mukherjee
Angew Chem. Int. Ed. 2019, 58, 8640.
- Cage Encapsulated Gold Nanoparticles as Heterogeneous Photocatalyst for Facile and SelectiveReduction of Nitroarenes to Azo compounds
B. Mondal and P. S. Mukherjee
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2018, 140, 12592.
- Self-assembled molecular barrels as containers for transient merocyanine and reverse photochromism
P. Howlader, B. Mondal, P. P. Chowdhury, E. Zangrando and P. S. Mukherjee
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2018, 140, 7952.
- A Discrete Self-Assembled Pd12 Triangular Orthobicupola Cage and its Use for Intramolecular Cycloaddition.
I. A. Bhat, A. Devaraj, and P. S. Mukherjee
Chem. Eur. J. 2018, 10.1002/chem.201803039.
- Face and edge directed self-assembly of Pd12 tetrahedral nanocages and their self-sorting
P. Howlader and P. S. Mukherjee
Chem. Sci. 2016, 7,5893.
- Urea functionalized self-assembled molecular prism for heterogeneous catalysis in water
P. Howlader, P. Das, E. Zangrando and P. S. Mukherjee
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2016, 138, 1668.
- Molecular cage impregnated Pd nanoparticles: Efficient additive-free heterogeneous catalysts for cyanation of aryl halides
B. Mondal, K. Acharyya, P. Howlader and P. S. Mukherjee
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2016, 138, 1709.
- A Pd8 Tetrafacial Molecular Barrel as Carrier for Water Insoluble Fluorophore
B. Roy, A. K. Ghosh, S. Srivastava, P. D’Silva and P. S. Mukherjee
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2015, 137, 11916.
- A Pd24 Pregnant Molecular Nanoball: Self-Templated Stellation by Precise Mapping of Coordination Sites
I. A. Bhat, D. Samanta and P. S. Mukherjee
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2015, 137, 9497.
- Sunlight induced molecular covalent marriage of two triply interlocked Pd6cages and their facile thermal separation
D. Samanta and P. S. Mukherjee
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2014, 136, 17006.
- Template free multicomponent coordination-driven self-assembly of molecular cages
S. Mukherjee and P. S. Mukherjee
Chem. Commun. 2014, 50, 2239.
- Molecular marriage through partner preferences in covalent cage formation and cage-to-cage transformation
K. Acharyya, S. Mukherjee and P. S. Mukherjee
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2013, 135, 554
- Versatility of azide in serendipitous assembly of Cu(II) magnetic polyclusters
S. Mukherjee and P. S. Mukherjee
Acc. Chem. Res. 2013, 46, 2556.
- Supramolecular coordination: Self-assembly of finite 2D and 3D ensembles
R. Chakrabarty, P. S. Mukherjee, P. J. Stang
Chem. Rev. 2011, 111, 6810.
- Metal-organic framework for sensing of nitroaromatics
B. Gole, A. K. Bar, P. S. Mukherjee
Chem. Commun. 2011, 47, 12137.
- Supramolecular polymer for explosives sensing: role of H-bonding in enhancement of sensitivity in solid state
B. Gole, S. Shanmugaraju, A. K. Bar and P. S. Mukherjee
Chem. Commun. 2011, 47, 10046.
- Self-assembly of a nanoscopic Fe12Pt12 open hexagonal barrel containing six porphyrin walls
A. K. Bar, R. Chakrabarty, G. Mostafa and P. S. Mukherjee
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2008, 47, 8455.