Fellowship for Research Projects in the IPC Dept
Kaushal Kishore Memorial, Royal Society of Chemistry (Deccan Section), and C. V. Serma — Mythreyamma
Summer Research Fellowships 2020
The Department of Inorganic and Physical Chemistry invites applications from students interested in summer projects within the department during a two-month period between May 2020 and July 2020.
All students studying Chemistry and currently enrolled in the
- 2nd year of B. Sc. (3 year programme)
- 2nd – 4th year of Integrated M. Sc. (5 year programme)
- 1st year of M. Sc. (2 year programme)
Also, the applicant should not already be supported by a fellowship / stipend from your college / university or any other funding agency from 1st May 2020 to 31st July 2020.
Application instructions and deadline:
- Applicants must fill in an online form (link further below).
- The deadline for application submission is 31st March 2020.
- The form is a single page web-based form. You can take a look at the form without filling it, in order to find out what details are required.
Before filling in the form, please be ready with several academic details.
- Your college/insitute/university name and address
- Your marks/CGPA of class X and XII as well as all years of B. Sc. and M. Sc. that you have completed so far.
- A 2-3 paragraph (max. 300 words) description of your current research interests. Please prepare this in advance in Notepad and keep it ready to cut-and-paste into the form
- Details of the last summer/winter research project you have done (project title, host faculty and institute, project period).
- Note that transcripts need not be submitted at this stage. Short-listed candidates may be separately asked to do so at a later time.
- The form may be filled from any browser or even smart phone / tablet. It is recommended that you access the submission form with a stable internet connection.
- Please submit the form only once. So please make sure not to make a mistake in any details you have entered.
- Once you submit the form, an automatic acknowledgement is not sent to your email address. An acknowledgement of your application will be sent to you after a few days time (up to one week).
Details of the Fellowship:
- An applicant shortlisted / selected for the Fellowship shall be informed via email in April 2020.
- The student will be allotted to a research supervisor based on the research interests and other data entered in the application form.
- The fellowship carries a stipend of Rs. 8000 per month for two months, as well as the round trip train fare (IInd class only) or bus (ordinary).
- The fellowship is for two months. The selected candidate is expected to spend two full months in the allotted research laboratory.
- Accommodation would need to be arranged by the candidate. Many 'paying guest' accommodation options are available around the IISc campus.
Click here to go to the SRF 2020 application form.
If you have any queries about the fellowship or form, or experience persistent technical difficulties in filling in the form, please send an email to srf.ipciisc.ac.in, with a copy to office.ipciisc.ac.in.